Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Test shoot analysis



Today our group did a test shoot for our music video. Maia, Pandora and Lily recorded the shots, I wasn’t able to be present due to compulsory basketball training. I did however help to plan the shoot ahead and was able to help the other group members prepare for shooting and capturing all the needed shots. Since I wasn’t able to be at the shoot I edited the footage with Maia on iMovie. After I chronologically edited the videos we realised that there were some important shots missing so Maia filmed them and I was the “actress”. I pretended that I was playing an electric guitar on my softball bat, since there wasn’t a guitar available to use. The editing in iMovie took Maia and I roughly over two hours in total and in the end we were very happy with the preview that we edited as the test shoot for our actual music video. Most of the footage was filmed in the media classroom, which funnily enough turned out better than expected, because it looked similar to the wooden shack we wanted to build on set, for the actual music video.The band together worked very well, they vibes of each other and were very confident infant of the camera and seemed very comfortable. This was one of the most important aspects that were needed to be tested and it was a Success in my eyes. While editing I used some techniques that were demonstrated in our lesson today, for example ‘following the movement. To be more efficient on the shoot day, we have to decide on the types of shots that we need and write them down so that we don’t miss any important bits on the day, this will also give a bit more structure to the shoot day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Course work essay

This campaign was created for a band of teenage musicians in the psychedelic pop genre. The focus was directed at a boohoo lifestyle of mode...